Good morning! My name is Sadie Mae and I am the sweetest old girl you ever did meet. My owners retired and went South and could no longer care for me. They took very good care of me while I lived there but they will no longer have a yard and it was hard for... Read my story >>
In case you haven’t heard, it’s calendar time again! Time to enter your rescued basset hound into the 2016 CBHR calendar contest. Give us your best shots, we’re planning a great calendar. As in previous years, voters will select their top 10 choices from selected submissions.
We’ve worked to make this year’s calendar format more accommodating. We can use both vertical and horizontal photos AND we should be able to use many of your photos that weren’t quite hi-res enough to print at the size we’ve used in the past.
2016 CBHR Calendar submission guidelines:
• Dogs must be rescues from CBHR, adopted, fosters or deceased
• No two-leggers featured, just four-leggers
• Photos can be horizontal or vertical
• Maximum number of submissions: 5
• Hi-res photos essential (larger than 1—2MB for larger images, like the two dogs in the truck on the calendar mock-up; ~500kb for little images, like the small square image at the bottom)
Please give us your highest resolution photos, taken in good light and in focus.
If you are a professional photographer, you know what to do. • If you’re taking photos with a point-and-shoot camera, change its settings to the highest resolution available. • If you are using a smart phone, resolution settings are not available. Avoid low light situations which often result in grainy, out-of-focus photos. • If this makes no sense to you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try to help.
For more information about format: http://eepurl.com/bv1R8X
How to submit
Between now and Sept. 10, send to email@example.com:
• Your photos, labeled** with dog’s name, sent as an attachment to your email
• Your dog’s name in body of email as well
• Your contact info